OPEEP faculty and staff are already looking forward to facilitating seven courses in the upcoming Spring 2023 semester! From Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies to Environment and Natural Resources, we are proud to offer a wide breadth of subject matter across various academic disciplines. Spring class meetings will take place at two different prison facilities: the Ohio Reformatory for Women (ORW) in Marysville and Southeastern Correctional Institution (SCI) in Lancaster.
Below is a list of Spring 2023 OPEEP courses with instructor names. For more detailed course descriptions and instructor contact information, please see the Courses page of our website. Please also feel free to reach out to OPEEP Program Coordinators Babette Cieskowski and Nicole Edgerton with any course-related questions you may have.
Courses at ORW
- ENG 2268: Introductory Creative Nonfiction Writing with Lima Campus Professor David Adams
- SOC 2211S: Corrections: An Inside-Out Course with Columbus Campus Professor Terrance Hinton
- ENG 2275: Literatures of Addiction with Newark Campus Professor David Ruderman
- WGSS 2822: Introduction to Queer Studies with Columbus Campus Professor Shannon Winnubst
Courses at SCI
- ENR 2300: Society and Natural Resources with Columbus Campus Professor Alia Dietsch
- PHIL 2194: The Philosophy of Happiness with Columbus Campus Professor Amy Shuster
- GEOG 3600: Space, Power, and Political Geography with Newark Campus Professor Kenneth Madsen